M.D. (Venezuela), M.Sc. (Queen's), American Board Certified Medical
Specialist in Anatomical Pathology, Post-Doctoral Fellowship in
Neurosciences (McMaster), Fellow of the International Academy of Toxicologic Pathology (IATP) http://www.iatpfellows.org
Senior Medical Advisor to the Director / Specialist in Toxicologic Pathology (MD-MSP-02)
Bureau of Food Policy and Science Integration, Food Directorate, Health Products and Food Branch, Health Canada
Adjunct Professor, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. http://www.med.uottawa.ca/pathology/eng/pulido.html
Director for the Americas, Board of Directors, Executives, International Academy of Toxicologic Pathology.
Postal Locator 2202C,
251 Sir Frederick Banting Dr.,
Tunney's Pasture, Ottawa, Ontario,
Canada, K1A 0L2
Telephone: (613) 957-0995
Fax: (613) 941-6959
Areas of Interest and Expertise
- Health Products and Food Risk/Safety/Benefit assessment and management
- Toxicologic Pathology
- Neurotoxicology of Environmental Chemicals and Food Contaminants
- Toxicologic Neuropathology
- Regulatory and mechanistic toxicology & pathology
- Celiac disease and food allergies
- Olga Pulido, Marion Zarkadas, Sheila Dubois, Krista MacIsaac, Isabelle Cantin, Sébastien La Vieille, Samuel Godefroy, Mohsin Rashid. Clinical Features and Symptom Recovery on a Gluten-Free Diet in Canadian Adults with Celiac Disease. Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology.(Accepted May 2013).
- Olga M. Pulido. Domoic Acid: Biological Effects and Health Implications. In “Toxins and Biologically Active Compounds from Microalgae. Edt. Gian Paolo Rossini, Science publishers, 2013 (by invitation)
- Olga M. Pulido and Santokh Gill. Chapter 35, Food and Toxicologic Pathology: An Introduction. Haschek and Rousseaux’s Eds., Handbook of Toxicologic Pathology 3e, VOLUME II – Safety Assessment including Current and Emerging Issues in Toxicologic Pathology Part 3 – Food and the Environment: Selected Toxic Agents. Elsevier, publication date 2013. (By invitation)
- Zarkadas M, Dubois S, Macisaac K, Cantin I, Rashid M, Roberts KC, La Vieille S, Godefroy S, Pulido OM. Living with coeliac disease and a gluten-free diet: a Canadian perspective. J Hum Nutr Diet. 2013 Feb;26(1):10-23.
- Gill S, Bowers WJ, Nakai JS, Yagminas A, Mueller R, Pulido O. Effects of environmentally relevant mixtures of persistent organic pollutants on the
developmental neurobiology in rats. Toxicol Pathol. 2013 Jan;41(1):38-47.
- Pulido Olga M. Chapter 1. Immune-mediated adverse reactions to dietary proteins. In Allergen Management in the Food Industry, Editors: Joyce I. Boye and Samuel Godefroy; John Wiley & Sons Publishing Co. 2010, pp 3-32.
- Pulido Olga M., Gillespie Z, and Godefroy SB. Chapter 4. The Canadian criteria for the establishment of new priority food allergens: evidences for the inclusion of mustard and insufficient evidences for garlic and onion as priority allergens in Canada. In Allergen Management in the Food Industry, Editors: Joyce I. Boye and Samuel Godefroy; John Wiley & Sons Publishing Co. 2010, pp 75-130.
- Pulido Olga M. , Gillespie Z, Zarkadas M, Dubois S, Vavasour E, Rashid M, Switzer C,Godefroy SB. Chapter 6. Introduction of oats in the diet of individuals with Celiac disease. A systematic review. Adv Food Nutr Res. 2009; 57:235-85
- Pulido OM. Domoic acid toxicologic pathology: a review. Marine Drugs. 2008 May 28; 6(2):180-219.
- Gill SS, Hou Y, Ghane T, Pulido OM. Regional susceptibility to domoic acid in primary astrocyte cells cultured from the brain stem and hippocampus. Marine Drugs.
2008 Feb 14; 6(1):25-38.
- Gill S, Barker M, Pulido O. Neuroexcitatory targets in the female reproductive system of the nonhuman primate (Macaca fascicularis). Toxicol Pathol. 2008; 36(3):478-84.
- Chu I, Bowers WJ, Caldwell D, Nakai J, Wade MG, Yagminas A, Li N, Moir D, El Abbas L, Håkansson H, Gill S, Mueller R, Pulido O. Toxicological effects of in utero and lactational exposure of rats to a mixture of environmental contaminants detected in Canadian Arctic human populations. J Toxicol Environ Health A. Jan; 71(2):93-108, 2008.