Olga M. Pulido
M.D. (Venezuela); US License State of Illinois Reg. # 036-057842; Canadian License College of Physicians of Nova Scotia Reg. # 07027.
M.Sc. (Queen's University, ON, CA). American Board Certified Medical Specialist in Anatomical Pathology. Post-Doctoral Fellowship: Neurosciences (McMaster University, ON, CA). Toxicologic Pathologist Fellow of the International Academy of Toxicologic Pathology (IATP)
Adjunct Professor. Department: Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Senior Medical Advisor to the Director / Specialist in Toxicologic Pathology (MD-MSP-02) and Head of Pathology, Bureau of Chemical Safety, Food Directorate, Health Products and Food Branch, Health Canada (1992-2013)
Phone: Canada 1-613-866-3066;
International US 321-853-3415
Areas of Interest and Expertise
- Toxicologic Pathology
- Human Health Risk Assessment
- Food Safety and Sensitivities
- Celiac disease and Food Allergies
- Regulatory Affairs
- Health Education
- Environmental Health
- Olga M Pulido. Chapter 8. Domoic Acid: Biological Effects and Health Implications. In Rossini, Gian Paolo, Ed. Toxins and Biologically Active Compounds from Microalgae. Vol. 2. Biologicl Effects and Risk Management. Section 2. Impact of Toxic Microalgae and Microalgal Toxins on Biological Systems. CRC Press, 2014, pp 219-252
- Pulido O, Zarkadas M, Dubois S, Macisaac K, Cantin I, La Vieille S, Godefroy S, Rashid M. Clinical features and symptom recovery on a gluten-free diet in Canadian adults with celiac disease. Can J Gastroenterol. 2013 Aug;27(8):449-53.
- Olga M. Pulido and Santokh Gill. Chapter 35, Food and Toxicologic Pathology: An Introduction. Haschek and Rousseaux’s Handbook of Toxicologic Pathology 3e, VOLUME II – Safety Assessment including Current and Emerging Issues in Toxicologic Pathology Part 3 – Food and the Environment: Selected Toxic Agents. Elsevier, 2013. pp 1051-1073
- Zarkadas M, Dubois S, Macisaac K, Cantin I, Rashid M, Roberts KC, La Vieille S, Godefroy S, Pulido OM. Living with coeliac disease and a gluten-free diet: a Canadian perspective. J Hum Nutr Diet. 2013 Feb;26(1):10-23.
- Gill S, Bowers WJ, Nakai JS, Yagminas A, Mueller R, Pulido O. Effects of environmentally relevant mixtures of persistent organic pollutants on the developmental neurobiology in rats. Toxicol Pathol. 2013 Jan;41(1):38-47
- Pulido Olga M. Chapter 1. Immune-mediated adverse reactions to dietary proteins. In Allergen Management in the Food Industry, Editors: Joyce I. Boye and Samuel Godefroy; John Wiley & Sons Publishing Co. 2010, pp 3-32.
- Pulido Olga M., Gillespie Z, and Godefroy SB. Chapter 4. The Canadian criteria for the establishment of new priority food allergens: evidences for the inclusion of mustard and insufficient evidences for garlic and onion as priority allergens in Canada. In Allergen Management in the Food Industry, Editors: Joyce I. Boye and Samuel Godefroy; John Wiley & Sons Publishing Co. 2010, pp 75-130.
- Pulido Olga M. , Gillespie Z, Zarkadas M, Dubois S, Vavasour E, Rashid M, Switzer C,Godefroy SB. Chapter 6. Introduction of oats in the diet of individuals with Celiac disease. A systematic review. Adv Food Nutr Res. 2009; 57:235-85
- Pulido OM. Domoic acid toxicologic pathology: a review. Marine Drugs. 2008 May 28; 6(2):180-219.
- Gill SS, Hou Y, Ghane T, Pulido OM. Regional susceptibility to domoic acid in primary astrocyte cells cultured from the brain stem and hippocampus. Marine Drugs. 2008 Feb 14; 6(1):25-38.
- Gill S, Barker M, Pulido O. Neuroexcitatory targets in the female reproductive system of the nonhuman primate (Macaca fascicularis). Toxicol Pathol. 2008; 36(3):478-84.
- Chu I, Bowers WJ, Caldwell D, Nakai J, Wade MG, Yagminas A, Li N, Moir D, El Abbas L, Håkansson H, Gill S, Mueller R, Pulido O. Toxicological effects of in utero and lactational exposure of rats to a mixture of environmental contaminants detected in Canadian Arctic human populations. J Toxicol Environ Health A. Jan; 71(2):93-108, 2008.